Now, I will admit to a little touch of the survivalist when it comes to storing food. I mean, how many packages of pasta does a couple really need to keep on hand? Don't even ask.
I tackled the job with the intention of creating three categories:
- Stuff we'll keep (we still need to eat, even out of our temporary kitchen)
- Stuff we can donate to the Alameda Food Bank
- Stuff to toss out
Filled a box with cans and packages for the Food Bank. Set aside the things I know we'll eat (eventually). And then the tossing began.
Why did we have 4 different half-used containers of garlic salt? How old was that nasty, sticky bottle of chili oil? Who bought the sheets of nori?
Unanswerable questions. But trust me, all that stuff is gone. And so are all the bottles of spices that came with a set I'm pretty sure we got as a wedding gift.
That was 30 years ago. Does 30-year-old coriander qualify as an antique?
No comments:
Post a Comment