Tuesday, July 29, 2008

OMG!

That's youth-speak for how I felt yesterday when I walked in to the construction zone. I knew it was busy in there by the crowded parking scene out front: carpenters, painters, stone guys.

The "oh my God!" moment came when I saw the granite counter tops, already installed. Set against the cabinets, they look even better than we'd hoped. It'll be even better when we can get the full effect of floor/cabinet/counter, but for now, the newly-installed flooring remains covered with protective paper while all the other dusty work continues.

Next step: getting those appliances out of the garage and into their rightful locations in the kitchen.

Can't wait.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stan,

Are you living in the house while this construction is going on or are you living elsewhere?

Michael

Stan Bunger said...

Oh, we're living there...one bedroom is our "kitchen/dining room", another is combination son's bedroom/family TV viewing room...it's a little snug!

Unknown said...

My goodness Stan, that sounds snug. Hang in there, you are almost to the finish line. See you around SPN.

Michael