An unpleasant surprise this morning: our little temporary kitchen (in what used to be Geoff's bedroom) is woefully short in the electrical-supply department.
I found this out while trying to simultaneously toast some bread, make some coffee, and microwave some eggs. The lights went out halfway through all this. I stumbled out to the garage and found the 15-amp circuit had blown.
Did I mention we also have a small refrigerator on this circuit? And the room lights. And, it turns out, the wall outlets in OUR bedroom next door, which means that when I blew the circuit, I also screwed up Tharon's alarm clock.
All of this, and we haven't even hooked up the electric hot plate we'd been planning to use for cooking pasta.
My dad always referred to electricity as the devil's work. I think he was right.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment