Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More Choices

Now comes the scary part.

We chose the wall colors the other day. Yesterday, we went to the granite-finishing place and decided how they should cut our big granite slabs (they'd made templates for all the countertops and we had to lay them out on the slabs).

Next, we face a decision on which color upholstery to order for the new family room furniture. The array of choices seems dizzying. Four different ranges of leather and I don't know how many colors (to say nothing of the choices of leg shape and color). We ended up squatting on the floor of the granite shop with Jim the Builder, shuffling through little leather swatches while looking at samples of our hardwood flooring, carpeting, and wall paint.

Now the hard part. We managed to narrow it down to two options: tan or forest green. I like them both. Tharon likes them both. Either looks classy and I'm sure we'd be happy with either.

But they're, well, different. One color says one thing and the other says something else. This is a big decision: you can't just slap a different coat of paint on expensive furniture if you don't like the way it looks.

Eenie, meenie, minie, mo...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now comes the scary part. I remember when I remodeled my former home in Orinda. That project lasted three years and I thought it would never end. However, in looking at your furniture choices you simply cannot go wrong. I have an Ekornes Stressless recliner and just love it. This is my second one and I cannot say enough about it.
Stay the course, Stan.